Dental fillings are one of the most common procedures used to restore the structure and function of a damaged or decayed tooth. At the office of Lithia Springs Family Dentistry, we offer metal-free, tooth-colored fillings that can perfectly mimic the look and function of your natural teeth. They play an important role in the maintenance of long term oral health.
Advantages of Tooth Colored Fillings:
- They offer durable results that can be made to blend with your natural smile
- They can improve the aesthetics of your smile with custom color matching
- They create a tight seal around the tooth which greatly reduces the risk of future damage or decay.
Everyone may experience different set of symptoms due to cavities. Decay in early stages can only be identified during a dental checkup. If not treated in time, cavities can cause toothaches, sensitivity, pain, pus in the gums and teeth, and visible holes in the teeth. Dental fillings are used to restore the damage caused by cavities.
The placement of a dental filling is a quick and simple procedure that can typically be completed during a single visit to the office. Local anesthesia may be used to prevent pain. The decayed part of the tooth is removed, and the tooth is cleaned. A composite resin matching the natural color of the tooth is then placed and sculpted to give you a natural looking and comfortable smile. The resin will be sealed and polished for a lasting result.
We can also replace your old, dark silver fillings with composite white filling for a smile makeover that will also improve your oral health.
Tips to prevent cavities and maintain healthy teeth:
- Floss daily to prevent cavities from forming between teeth
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using fluoride toothpaste
- Visit the dentist at least twice a year for professional teeth cleanings and exams
- Maintain a healthy diet, drink plenty of water and limit the intake of sugary foods
For more information about the restoration of decayed and damaged teeth using fillings, please contact our office at (770) 824-4825.