Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of the alignment of the teeth and to ensure a proper and balanced bite with the use of appliances such as braces. Orthodontic treatment also considers some other aspects of facial growth as well as the shape and development of the jaw.
At Lithia Springs Family Dentistry, we offer orthodontic treatment to not only improve your smile but also to help preserve the functionality and overall health of your mouth for a lifetime of healthier smiles. Straight teeth and an aligned bite work better, making it easier to keep teeth clean and healthy. Orthodontic treatment can help correct the following problems:
- Underbite: when the lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back.
- Overbite (buck teeth): when the upper teeth lie too far forward over the lower teeth.
- Open bite – the space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth bite together
- Crossbite: when the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth
- Spacing – if there are gaps or spaces between the teeth due to missing teeth or teeth that do not fill up the mouth
- Misplaced midline: when the center of your upper teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth
- Crowding: when there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
ClearCorrect Invisible Braces
If you wish to straighten your teeth but don’t want the hassle of having to wear metal braces, then we offer a clear, invisible way to straighten your teeth in the form of ClearCorrect Braces. These are a series of clear plastic aligners that are custom-made for your teeth and can be worn over the upper and lower teeth to straighten them. The aligners use a slow force to guide the teeth into their correct alignment. They are made by taking an impression of your teeth and can be easily removed while eating and brushing.
For more information, please contact our practice at (770) 824-4825.