Wisdom Teeth Removal
At Lithia Springs Family Dentistry, your oral health with utmost comfort is our top priority, which is why we make sure you get the services necessary for your special and unique needs. Wisdom teeth extraction is one of the dental procedures that does not really sound as exciting but is just as equally important as the rest of dental treatments intended for improving an individual’s oral health.
Wisdom tooth removal is effective in preventing the following conditions:
- Crowding of the back teeth.
- Tooth impaction
- Red, swollen, and painful gums
- Decay or gum disease in the wisdom tooth
The recovery period only lasts for a few days for most cases. The following tips can help you in recovering quickly:
- Gently bite on the gauze and change it if it becomes soaked.
- Do not to bite the inside of your lip or cheek and tongue while your mouth is still numb.
- Place an ice pack outside of you cheek for 15 to 20 minutes for the first 24 hours.
- Physical activities may increase bleeding so make sure you take time to relax after the surgery.
- Eat soft foods and gradually incorporate solid food as the healing progresses.
- To reduce swelling and relieve pain, gently rinse mouth with warm saline water several times a day. This is best recommended after the first day of the surgery.
- Avoid smoking and drinking from a straw.
- Brush your teeth and tongue carefully.
For more information, please call our office for a consultation at (770) 824-4825.